Tuesday 23 August 2011

A New Me (well at least an old one revisited)

What has happened?
It has been long overdue, and I am ashamed of what I became in the interim, but I have finally got back into the gym after a break of some 20 years.  WhenI finally tipped the scales at 17stone / 238 lbs / 108Kg and seeing myself in a photo I was shocked into doing something about it.  it has been 5 months now, and I have made great progress.  I have lost over 1 1/2 stone (20lbs / 9Kg) of fat.  My belt is now a hole tighter, and I can see the top of my six pack (just).


I have dropped from 34% body fat to 21% so far.  However I intend to get to about 12%, this will put me at between 14st 12lb (208lbs / 92.5Kg) and 15st 4lb (214lb / 95Kg) depending if I gain some more muscle as well - which would ne ideal for me to be honest.


However I have found it easy, really easy.


I get up at 5:45 and go over to the gym. lift weights for 40 minutes, then do 20 minutes on the cardio machines, and then head into work for 8:45, having showered at the gym as well.  If work allows, I also do about 60-90 minutes of cardio in the evenings, however I am less strict on this.


I use Muscleworks Gym in Bethnal Green.  Not to everyone's taste, but a great spit 'n' sawdust old school gym, full of heavy weights, and some cardio machines.  However the banter is brilliant especially in the morning.   Great bunch of lads, and some real East End characters.  It is also the most successful bodybuilding gym in Britain, so there is always someone there to help and advise as needed.  I reckon if all goes to plan then this time next year I will be looking like I want to.  If I remember I will post up an update to this entry.


Anyway short and sweet for this one - must get to bed so I am ready for training tomorrow.


Cheers


Diggy.

No comments: